Monday, August 14, 2006

Tahajjud

One early morning at 3
I stood praying silently

Concentration in reciting the Qurans word
Bowing and Prostrating to my Lord

In my heart I feel so content
Tranquility I feel upon me sent

When family did come to know
They ridiculed me for stooping low

For a moment I did feel shame
Then swiftly realised I am not at blame

For, Alhumdulillah, I have been gifted
To partake in the night prayer so rewarded

And family catching me in the ‘act’
Upon them it may positively impact

For them to rethink their connection with the Almighty
And turn to Allah with sincerity and humility

Ya Allah, I thank you for this chance
For this virtue to allow my Imaan and a'mal to enhance.


This poem was inspired when I read of someone who had been 'found out' by their parents to stand in prayer at night and was encouraged NOT to do so by them. May Allah guide us all to do what is good and stop ourselves from stopping (directly or indirectly) others in doing good, ameen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do u mind if i use some of u work in my yahoo group, and on my blogs sometime? I will always leave a link back to you..ty keep up this so good work, Allah bless you for this, ameen ~song~

Anonymous said...

Salam Alaykum
Please do go ahead and use it for your sites. Please do leave the authors name (if available) as well as the link back.
Jazakallah
May Allah bless you for the efforts you make for the sake of His deen, ameen.
Pls pray we are able to continue these and improved beneficial writings for this blog.
Wasalam