Monday, October 08, 2007

My sins block my dua'a

(by Anon)
As I sit here alone, the tears rolling down my face
It is not salt, but pain that I taste

So I leave now to go stand before You
I am helpless and alone, what else can I do?

I have asked, I have begged but my sins block my du'a
I will come now still begging, forgive me O Allah

Forgive me and grant me what it is that I ask
For me it is impossible but for You a simple task

I try and I try but I do not succeed
But I understand and know it is because Your Words I do not heed

I hear, yes I hear but I do not always obey
Perhaps that is why I am destitute, isolated and why You have written that I will be alone this way

I have no to blame but the person in the mirror I see
No one else must pay for my sins, no one else, no one else, no one else but me

So I stand before You to again beg forgiveness because You said that I can
You have told us in Your Book that You are Ar-Rahman

I will ask, I will beg but my sins my block my du'a
But I will keep asking, forgive me O Allah

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mashallah dat was a reallllyyy good poem
May Allah (swa) forgive your sin (lol)and inshallah put us all in Janat

Anonymous said...

salam. the poem was really touch my heart. pliz let me copy it n paste it at my blog.may d writer of dis poem n all of us get ALLAHs forgiveness n loves

Zoya said...

MashaAllah. nice thoughts...beautifully expressed. I write poems as well...can i post them on ur blog?

Anonymous said...

subhannallah

Anonymous said...

Mashallah, very nice poem.

tabasssum said...

its an awesome dua for feeling guilty because of our sins infront of my almighty allah...~