Monday, June 24, 2013

Oh Allaah, Help Me Reach Ramadan

by Firdaus Fathima (Umm Hashir)

Oh Allaah, extend my life so much, that I enter the month approaching me,
So that I can have my share of the blessings therein showered by Thee
For it is only Your will that does to a life bring an end
Or grant it time to live, to regret, to repent and make an amend

Oh Allaah, the month of blessings every year passes by your slaves
And by the end for few more days of it the heart craves
You know Your Creations better than anybody anywhere
Let not the coming Ramadan pass leaving me in despair

Oh Allaah, help me to draw closer to You, to make myself dearer to You,
Distance me from things You wouldn't want on THE DAY nearer to You
Help me to take the Quran, through my eyes into my heart
Help me to shed my sins and make a fresh start

Oh Allaah, give me good health therein, cause me to sleep very little
Be my strength oh Allaah, without You I am a soul very brittle
The night better than a thousand months You jeweled into Ramadan
The night which You had chosen to reveal the glorious Qur'an

Oh Allaah, help me in my efforts to seek that blessed night
Help me make Your Praises control my speech, hearing and sight
Oh Allaah, in Your showers of mercy and blessings I wish to get drenched
Through Your Guidance, Mercy and Grace I want my sins to be quenched

Oh Allaah, I beg You to answer me when in these words I call upon Thee
"Oh Allaah, You are Oft-Pardoning and You love to pardon, so pardon me"!
Oh Allaah if You so wish and I come out of it living,
Make me sinless as a newborn child, Oh All-Forgiving!

Oh Allaah, help me to start life anew, pleasing You always help me survive
To wait and prepare for another Ramadan help me strive!
Oh Allaah, I can never thank you enough for the month of Ramadan
Nor for the gift of light and Guidance, Your word - the Qur'an!

The BOOK which contains all I need in this life Ya Allaah!
And the key to the treasures You have promised in Jannah!
Oh Allaah, help me to take it closer to my heart this Ramadan
And as long as I live, guide me and help me to LIVE Qur'an!

(ameen)

No comments: