Thursday, October 13, 2005

The Blessed Ramadhan

In the name of Allah, the most Merciful, the most Kind

A blessed month is casting its shadow upon us
a night of this month is better than a thousand months

Bear with patience for the sake of Ar-Rahman
A continuous training to strengthen our Imaan.

Glory be to Allah who sent Ramadan as a mercy to mankind
Its a purification of our soul, our heart, and our mind

With the most sincere devotion and love we fast
To be cleansed and free from sins of the past

Glorified is He, who choseth this holy month
To test our sabr and fill our hearts with warmth

Of his Divine Light, His blessings shall glow
The Seer of the unseen, all He does know

Ya Allah! For thee, let my breath be more pleasant than musk
Ya Allah! For thee, let me be thankful when day turns to dusk

My thoughts and heart are purified, my eyes truly see
This blessed month, the month of spiritual rhapsody!

Ya Allah! For thee, my life I shall live!
Ya Allah! For thee, my soul I shall give!

In the name of Allah, the most Merciful, the most Kind
Praise be to Allah, who sent Ramadan as a gift to mankind.

Related poems:
Ramadhan
Ramadan

No comments: