Wednesday, January 11, 2012

When I was Ill

I was feeling ill
Solution was the pill
If only it could make me recover
In a spilt, like the Creator

The adhan was heard calling
The water for wudhu' was cool freezing
With His name I began my prayer
To HIM i submit and surrender

To the bed i jumped again
Nothing else to bargain
Covering myself wiz blankets
I was asleep as though in casket

Dreams brought me far
To an island offshore
I saw a bird flying
I thought of many things

I tried to catch the bird
Till i fall down like dirt
And i could not get up
There was no one to help out

I cry a lot but there wasn't any tear
I was left all alone in my own fear
I was awake from the loud sound "vroom"
Alhamdulillah i was safe in my room

A sparrow flew on to my window sill
Making sound behind the grill
It was the same bird as in my dream
But only real this time it seem

I get up and walk towards the window
And the bird was quiet for a minute over
I saw a man starting his bike noisily
Disturbing the bird especially

And now i notice why didn't the bird fly
Just like when i'm ill, i could only lie
It's wing was injured badly
Perhaps by someone or accidentally

SubhanAllah I was thinking
How much ni'mat He has been giving
To ponder upon HIS creatings
Animals with four legs, others with wings.

I thought how wonderful Allah is
Everything around me is really His
I realise how much lucky i am
I'm still able to move around

Thank you Allah for all that You give
The illness You bestow is indeed a gift
Every illness comes wiz His forgiveness
May He grants us mercy and easiness

Ameen

No comments: